The Legacy Fund for Disability Studies and Human Policy was founded to help support the groundbreaking research, policy, and activism of Disability Studies and The Center on Human Policy at Syracuse University. The Legacy Fund is entirely supported by individual donations, and one of its goals is to provide student travel support.
This year there is a limited amount of funding available to support student travel expenses for presentations at the meetings of the Society for Disability Studies in Atlanta or Disability Studies in Education in Chicago (which is happening immediately before AERA in Chicago). Travel to present at other conferences will not be supported.
- This funding is also only available to students who have exhausted funding from other sources (i.e. SOE, department, GSO).
- Funding is limited and any support offered will likely not cover one’s full expenses.
To apply for funding please submit:
- A rough budget of your expenses and what your department (or other source) has offered you;
- The amount you are requesting;
- Notification of your presentation’s acceptance at DSE or SDS (be sure to include the title of your presentation.
Please submit your request to Professor Alan Foley via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 31, 2015.