Professor Jeremy Brunson (SU PhD alum and Assoc. Prof. at Gallaudet University) will be visiting Syracuse and will speak on issues of communication access at 3 events open to the public:
- SU Sociology/Disability Studies event on Thursday, March 19, 12 noon – 1:30 – Informal research presentation: “The Social Organization of Access:The Blurry Lines of Staff Interpreting in Organizations.” 303 Maxwell Hall
- Upstate/Consortium for Culture and Medicine event on Thursday, March 19, 4 – 5:30 p.m. – Panel discussion: Border Crossings: Communication Across Cultures & Languages in Health Care. Featuring Jeremy Brunson, Monu Dhakal, and Jennifer Wissman. 1507/1508 Setnor
- In addition, Jeremy will speak at the CNYRID (Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf) on Wednesday, March 18, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.: ” Looking at Interpreting Through a Sociological Lens” Rosamond Gifford Community Room (Lower Level United Way Building, 518 James Street)
- Cost for non-RID members – $20. With student ID – $7
- (Presented in English with sign-language interpretation.)
There will be sign-language interpretation at all events. For other accommodations, contact Marj DeVault by March 15 (email@example.com).