The Center is governed by a Steering Committee composed of the Co-Directors, Core Faculty, student representatives from the Beyond Compliance Coordinating Committee and the disAbility Law Society, and professional staff of participating academic programs and centers.
The primary responsibilities of the Steering Committee include:
- Establishing policies and by-laws for the Center;
- Approving the use of the name of the Center in conjunction with conferences and other public events, grant proposals, amicus briefs, litigation, legislative proposals, and other projects related to people with disabilities;
- Assisting in the planning of activities and events in accordance with the components and mission of the Center; and
- Approving schools, colleges, departments, programs, centers, institutes, student groups, core faculty, associated faculty, adjuncts, visiting professors, and staff to be listed as being affiliated with the Center.
- Christy Ashby, Ph.D.
- Jessica Bacon
- James Bellini, Ph.D.
- Douglas Biklen, Ph.D.
- Julie Causton-Theoharis, Ph.D.
- Beth A. Ferri, Ph.D.
- Alan Foley, Ph.D.
- Wendy Harbour, Ph.D.
- Stephen Kuusisto
- Nancy R. Mudrick. Ph.D.
- Diane Lyden Murphy, Ph.D.
- Michael A. Schwartz, Ph.D., LL.M.
- Pamela Walker, Ph.D.